Search This Blog


Friday, July 2, 2010

I SAID, I DON'T RIDE A BIKE ANYMORE ...

what are you deaf?  Geez.  Yeah, that's right.  I don't ride a bike anymore.  Well...I mean, my race bike.  Well...I don't ride it very far.  I mean...technically...I ride A bike everyday.  But ONLY to and from work.  And to the grocery store. And to the library.  And to the trail. And to the movies. And to the bank.  And to the bar.  And to the tattoo shop.  And to my friend's house. And, well...pretty much everywhere.But seriously. 

I.AM.NOT.A.BIKE.RIDER.ANYMORE.

I know, I know.  Whatever.  I don't want to hear it cause I've said it all to other people before me.

I've got bigger things on my mind.  I'm a yogi now.  I'm a world traveler now.  I'm a lover now.  I'm a pedicabber now (no...this does not count as riding your bike). 

And don't worry.

I'm 100% positive this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I am leaving to travel around the world in 3 short months and won't be able to ride my bike for years.  I mean that doesn't even phase me.  Seriously...pfft (insert dismissive eye roll here)...whatever.

There is no way I would be so silly as to subconsciously stop riding my bike in preparation, knowing it's going to be insanely painful to give it up. 

I mean my subconscious isn't even really all that smart.  If it was, it would be much more...CONSCIOUS!

So yeah...I'm totally NOT into bikes.  They're boring and so is riding them.  With all your best friends.  Laughing and talking.  Loving.  Sweating.  Boooooooooring. Seriously. Stupid.

I don't even miss it.  Not at all.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jessica,

    You hurt my feelings...I mean, seriously? What have I ever done to you other than provide you a vehicle to see new lands, explore new loves, and rekindle fading friendships?

    But you know...I forgive you..and I'll be here when you return.

    Sincerely,
    Your Bike

    ReplyDelete