Search This Blog


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Love. Falling.

LOVE: A profoundly tender, passionate affection, strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything.
FALLING: To subside or abate, to succumb to temptation, to pass into some physical, mental, or emotional condition, to have its proper place.

When you fall in love...and I mean really fall in love...it's permanent.  It's forever.  It's for life.  It becomes a part of you.

I've never been in love.  Not with a person.  But I have fallen in love and there's no denying it.

I can sit Pisa in the corner and not mount her for weeks.  I can avert my glance when she calls out to me seductively.  I can avoid my teammates text messages and pleads to join in.  I can pretend I don't keep track of everyone's race results on Facebook.  I can go to sleep at night believing riding is not for me.

But when dawn comes and my eyes blink open, it's the same everytime.  The same spell. The same seduction.  The same romance. The same falling in love.  The only love I've ever known.

Something unplanned happens as the morning light slips through the mini blinds. 

"Yeah, I have my bike.  A quick ride on Shoal Creek?  Yeah, I can do that."

And BAM.  The universe shifts.  My life seems profound.  My energy is vibrating at a higher frequency.  Everything has meaning.  The breeze in the trees.  The leaves on the road.  The dude walking his dog. 

My life has changed and it's only been two hours. 

Yeah. 

That's fucking falling in love.

And I hope I do it everyday for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment